Let's strip this thing!
I began by pulling out the interior, I left in the dash and under panels; as well as, the center console. Then I moved onto the carpet, I pulled it all out and removed the heavy water soaked foam underneath.
The official Removal List:
Once the interior was stripped, I noticed a lot of water in the bottom of the car. The foam was soaked and weighed about 15 lbs; I drilled holes and removed the body plugs in the floor to let the water out.
I Plastidipped all exposed metal inside of the now empty shell, added black mat to the door panels to protect from the sharp edges and to give that racing look, and then added a block off plate to the radio.
Straps were added to the doors as a handle, I welded in roll hoops and the mounting brackets, and put in a single racing seat with a 5-point harness.
I then moved onto relocating my battery to the trunk; I pulled all of the metal tray parts out and only kept the one that mounts the battery. I ordered a stock positive cable from a 97 and later Z3, and a fuse breaker from a 00-04 E46 and spliced them together. I welded the battery tray to the trunk floor, and Mounted the ground cable directly to the body.